Little Rock Assault Lawyer
Defending Clients Who Are Facing Assault Charges in Central Arkansas
Assault is a serious crime that can have devastating consequences for the accused. In Arkansas, the offense can be either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the severity. Facing an assault charge could mean years in prison and hefty fines. That is why it's essential to fight any allegations aggressively. Doing this alone can be daunting, but with the help of an experienced criminal defense lawyer, who can maximize your chances of pursuing a favorable outcome. Whether that means getting your charges dropped or even achieving a not-guilty verdict, having professional legal representation can greatly help.
At the Law Office of Omar F. Greene, we recognize that criminal cases are unique and require a tailored approach. Our Little Rock assault attorney takes the time to review the details of each case to build a comprehensive and personalized legal strategy. We are familiar with the law, inside and out, which means when you hire us, you can be confident that we will handle your case effectively.
Have you been accused of assault in Arkansas? Call Omar F. Greene, Attorney at Law, today at (501) 600-0451 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our assault attorney in Little Rock.
"He helped me more than I ever hoped for - really friendly and positive."Matt R.
"He is the best! He is dependable and caring."Carmenlita B.
"They are respectful and nice people."Jerreace M.
Arkansas Assault Laws
Arkansas takes assault of any type very seriously. The state separates the offense into three degrees, each with varying levels of severity.
- Third-degree assault occurs when an individual makes another person fear imminent physical injury.
- Second-degree assault happens when someone recklessly puts another person at substantial risk of physical injury.
- First-degree assault is when an individual puts another in substantial danger of serious injury or death. The offense also occurs when a person restricts the blood circulation or breath of another by strangulation or suffocation.
Regardless of the degree you have been charged with, seeking legal representation immediately is paramount. At the Law Office of Omar F. Greene, our assault attorney in Little Rock stands ready to jump into action for our clients.
What is Considered Aggravated Assault?
Aggravated assault in Arkansas is a serious offense, as it demonstrates a disregard for the value of another person's life.
The offense occurs when someone, showing indifference to the safety of others, purposely:
- Puts another person in substantial danger of imminent serious injury or death,
- Displays a firearm, creating a substantial risk of serious injury or death, or
- Cuts off another person's breathing or blood circulation by strangling or suffocating them.
Contact our assault lawyer in Little Rock today at Omar F. Greene, Attorney at Law.
Penalties for Assault in Arkansas
Assaultive offenses range from misdemeanors to felonies. Primarily, the level of charge will affect the punishments that may be imposed upon a conviction. Still, mitigating and aggravating factors may be considered to determine the exact sentence.
Below are the possible conviction penalties for assault in Arkansas:
- Third-degree (Class C misdemeanor):
- Up to 30 days in jail and/or
- Up to $500 in fines
- Second-degree (Class B misdemeanor):
- Up to 90 days in jail and/or
- Up to $1,000 in fines
- First-degree (Class A misdemeanor):
- Up to 1 year in jail and/or
- Up to $2,500 in fines
- Aggravated (Class D felony):
- Up to 6 years in prison and/or
- Up to $10,000 in fines
Our Little Rock assault lawyer recognizes the impact of a conviction on a person's life. That is why we diligently prepare for each case, developing compelling defense strategies to pursue optimal outcomes.
Possible Defenses Against Assault Charges
When someone is accused of assault, they may raise various defenses to fight the charge.
Common defenses include the following:
- The other person consented to be strangled or suffocated.
- The defendant was defending themselves or others from imminent harm.
- The defendant was subject to false accusations.
- The alleged victim mistook the defendant for the actual actor.
The legal strategy developed will depend on the facts of the case. An assault attorney in Little Rock can investigate to determine their client's path forward.
Contact Our Assault Attorney Today
If you have been charged with assault, retain the services of a lawyer who can help you navigate the legal system and protect your rights. At the Law Office of Omar F. Greene, we have more than three decades of experience handling cases of varying complexity. We know what it takes to seek results.
Contact Omar F. Greene, Attorney at Law, today to get started on your defense with our Little Rock assault lawyer.
Omar F. Greene
"Attorney Greene is licensed to practice law in the Arkansas Courts, Federal Courts, and the United States Supreme Court. He is a former state prosecutor attorney and former federal defender."Read Full Bio
Respected in the CommunityWe are respected among our colleages in the legal community for our strategic and skilled representation.
Compassion Backed By ExperienceWith over 30 years of experience, we care about every case and do whatever it takes to win justice for you.
We Speak Your LanguageNo legalese here; we use plain english to ensure our clients understand exactly what their case entails.
A long History of Advocacy
As a skilled writer, our attorney has filed hundreds of appeals for our clients.
Fill out the form below or call us at (501) 600-0451.